Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 6th - En Gedi National Park

I forgot to mention that it was 107 degrees F. at the Dead Sea; now we travelled just west of there to view "The Old Synagogue" and take a hike to a spring. Each site we visit, with the help of Cyndi's teaching, just opens up pathways to the Scripture that never occurred to me. It shows why we need to learn in community, to spend time with those more mature in Christ than we are, to meditate on and study His Word for all the jewels that are waiting there, for those that seek His face.

We hiked up a trail for a short distance, though it seemed much longer in the heat. As we are climbing, we came to a waterfall and pool; it did not take long for us to be sitting in that pool. Cyndi pointed out how our demeanor changed instantly, from grumbling to joy, as we went from the extreme heat to the refreshing, life giving water.

As we sat in the water, laughing in joy, Cyndi then read from God's Word:

Psalm 63:1-5 (ESV) 1 A PSALM OF DAVID, WHEN HE WAS IN THE WILDERNESS OF JUDAH. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

Isaiah 41:17 (ESV) 17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the LORD will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

There are so many verses present when you look up "Living Water." Can you just see God's Word come alive? Amen!

We left an air conditioned bus, then hiked only a few minutes in the heat. When you look at the pictures, imagine what it was like for David hiding in the wilderness, among the caves, as Saul seeks to kill him.





























No comments:

Post a Comment